Autism Awareness Training sessions
Increasing the Understanding of Autism Programme
As part of the Scottish Government’s Increasing the Understanding of Autism Programme, Inspired Community Enterprise Trust (ICET) have developed a range of sessions for groups, businesses, education and other organisations.
The purpose of the project is to:
- Promote the potential of Autistic people in the workplace and beyond
- Enable organisations to confidently enable Autistic people in the workplace and beyond
- Enable organisations to develop their inclusive approach for staff, customers, students, stakeholders and clients
Work Placements for staff and managers are available and can be tailored to your organisation’s individual needs. Working alongside Young People, you will gain a deeper insight into the enablement model in practice.
Sessions are co-presented with Young People from The Usual Place directly or through video presentations they have developed. We encourage the audience to use this opportunity to ask questions, learning from their lived experience.
We currently have three Training sessions available:
- Autism and Communication (1.5 hours)
- Autism, Communication and the Senses (2.5 hours)
- Autism and Enablement (half day)
As well as the sessions described please contact us if you require:
- A bespoke session, created for your organisation’s needs
- A Work Placement at The Usual Place
- Support to start or continue your Disability Confident journey
- A meeting to discuss other opportunities available.
Sessions can take place at The Usual Place Café, in your workplace, or at a third-party venue. Some are suitable as online sessions.
National Campaign Links:
Video created by Trainees and volunteers from The Usual Place on
Autism Myths in Hospitality:
Please email or call for a quote.
Autism Awareness Officer
T: 01387 253 485
M: 07935 061 431